Episode 5: Should You Run for Local Public Office?
Have you ever thought about running for office? In this show I review 15 questions to help you decide whether to run.
15 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Run for Public Office
- Are You Qualified?
- Why do you want to run?
- Do you know what you want to do with the job?
- Do you have time to run?
- Do you have time to serve?
- Is this the right time for you to run?
- Do You Know and Understand the Issues?
- Can You Win?
- Can You Afford to Lose?
- Can You Afford to Win?
- Can You Raise Enough Money to Run?
- Can you take the heat?
- Have you fully considered the impact to your family?
- Do you have support of your spouse?
- Do You Know How to Run for Office?
I also discuss an MSNBC promo where Melissa Harris-Perry explains that we need to move past the idea that your children belong to you.